The NetVanta 1638P is a managed, 48-port PoE, Layer 3, Gigabit Ethernet switch providing advanced access and distribution capabilities for Small to Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). With the combination of the advanced multi-layer switching fabric, ActivChassis stacking, high-bandwidth capabilities, and enhanced Quality of Service (QoS) features, the NetVanta 1638P is ideal in Gigabit-to-the-desktop deployments, distributed campus networking, and converged voice and data networks.
The switches come with two high-speed option slots that can accommodate up to four 16-Gigabit Ethernet high speed links and can provide up to 128 Gbps of bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1600 switches.
- DHCP network forensics
- 802.1Q VLANs, Private VLANs and VLAN assignment via 802.1x
- Advanced QoS with support for 802.1p and DiffServ prioritization with four queues per egress port
- Automate actions with Port Scheduler and TCL scripting
- VoIP ready with LLDP/ LLDP-MED and voice VLANS
- Business-class security with RADIUS, TACACS+, 802.1x and port security
- Wi-Fi access controller for centralized management of NetVanta Wireless Access Points (WAPs)
- Cable diagnostics provides easy to use troubleshooting tools for copper cable
- Optimized for iSCSI Storage Area Networks (SANs) deployments
- Familiar CLI and Web GUI
- Next business day advance replacement (Domestic Only)
- Limited lifetime warranty