HDE-8C-QAM (MPEG-2 HD Encoder – 8xComponent/Composite – 4xQAM) accepts up to eight (8) analog programs from any of the following inputs: 8xComponent and 8xComposite. The encoder is equipped with a spare input (9th input) to replace any one (1) of the primary eight (8) inputs in the event of a failure.
The encoder digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes each input into a high-definition stream, multiplexes the resulting eight (8) streams, and then modulates them onto four (4) adjacent QAM channels in the 54-1002 MHz range (CATV 2-158). Any one (1) of the four (4) QAM outputs is also available in ASI format. The encoder supports Dolby Digital audio encoding, and Closed Captioning (EIA-608). It is also equipped with an Emergency Alert System (EAS) interface. A front-panel RF test point allows for monitoring/testing of the QAM output without service interruption.
Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection. Optional software upgrade (Stock # 6371) enables the encoder to (i) accept eight (8) analog programs from DishNetwork’s ViP211k satellite receivers, (ii) automatically switch over to any of the primary eight (8) receivers in the event of failure to maintain the program stream, and (iii) provide remote monitoring and control of up to nine (9) DishNetwork’s ViP211K satellite receivers through UPnP protocol using a standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection.
- Compatible with ITU Annex A and B digital QAM formats
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Provides a front-panel RF test point (at 20 dB below primary QAM output)
- Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio)
- Supports Real-time Dolby Digital audio encoding
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608
- Supports user-defined PSIP configuration