Everything You Need to Know
Resource Guides from Data, Video and Fiber Optics, to our exclusive and odd-ball ‘Did You Knows’.
Read Our Most Recent Articles:
- Product Comparison: Select Multicom Video Encoders & Modulators
- How to “PULL” Fiber Optic Cable Correctly
- GPS Repeaters for Fire Stations – From satellite to GPS receiver on the rescue vehicle: Zero delay
- ATSC vs. NTSC vs. QAM vs. DVB-T vs. ISDB-Tb – Understanding TV Signals
- Coarse Wave vs. Dense Wave Division Multiplexing – What’s the Difference?
- Component Video vs. Composite Video? What’s the Difference?
- SFPs: B+ and C+ – What’s the Difference?
- FRP vs. Steel Strength Members in Fiber Optic Drop Cable
- Welcome to the IoT (the Internet of Things)
- Don’t Fear the DEAD ZONE – Use an OTDR Launch Box!
- Quality Makes a Difference – Precision Multicom Products vs. ‘Other’ Products
- LNBs: What They Do, and How They Work – and, What’s the Difference Between an LNB and an LNBF?
- Copper vs. Fiber – Which to Choose?
- RHW, RHW-2, USE-2 and RHH Building Wire – Explained
- THHN vs. XHHW: What Is the Difference?
- 4K Ultra HD vs. 1080p Full HD
- High Speed HDMI with Ethernet vs. High Speed HDMI
- MoCA – What is MoCA Technology?
- Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cables
- Singlemode vs. Multi-Mode SFPs
Multicom’s New Products are Leading the Way
‘Cost-Effective Quality’ is the buzz-word these days and this is what Multicom’s new line of fiber optic products deliver. For a comprehensive look at all of our fiber optic, CATV and network offerings:See our New Product Catalogs
Click on the heading to expand the category:
– and, What’s the Difference Between an LNB and a LNBF?
4K Ultra HD vs. 1080p Full HD
MoCA – What is MoCA Technology?
HDTV over COAX
MFH-2 Technical features, Block Diagrams, and Distribution
Audio Video Cable Guide
Digital Block Diagrams
Frequency Allocation Chart
Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cables
Talking the Talk of Fiber Optics
Singlemode vs. Multimode SFP
What’s in a Name: Understanding Fiber Optic Patch and Splice Enclosures
White Paper: New Developments in FTTH
Fiber Optic Technical Resource Guide
Fiber Optic Connectors
Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber
Fiber Optic Glossary
FBT vs. PLC Fiber Optic Splitters – What’s The Difference?
Did You Know?
Hedy Lamarr was a Hollywood movie star known for her exotic good looks – and an inventor
GO GREEN! Fiber Optics is good for the environment
Both Detroit and Cleveland claim to be the home of the first traffic light
Did you know about fiber optic cladding?
Did You Know that LEDs run brighter and more efficiently the colder it gets?
Did You Know that different types of fiber optic cable are used for different distances?
Did you know that the best fiber optic connector to use when transmitting video over fiber is the SC/APC connector
Do you know the difference between PE-39 and PE-84?
The Jacket Makes the Difference!
IMSA stands for International Municipal Signal Association and was started in 1896
There’s a big difference between different types of indoor splitters
Are your fingers sore after installing “F” connectors on coax all day?
Sometimes ‘F’ connectors do not fit properly on coax cable – why?
The first cable TV systems were Community Antenna TV systems
By the way, do you know what ESPN stands for?
Since we’re on acronyms, do you know what DOCSIS stands for?
Did You Know:
- Lightening strikes the Earth approximately 8 million times a day
- When we are born we have 300 bones, but as we age some bones fuse and as an adult we have about 206 bones
- 11% of the land on Earth is used for growing crops
- 97% of the water on Earth is not drinkable
- The diameter of the moon is approximately the distance from New York to Los Angeles
- You cannot sneeze while asleep
- Only 10% of the world’s population lives in the southern hemisphere
- The average person walks the equivalent of 4 times around the Earth in their life
- SILENT and LISTEN have the same letters
Have an interesting ‘fun fact’? Send it to me and I’ll add it here.