Everything You Need to Know – Resources from Data, Video, and Fiber Optics
Welcome to The SCOOP, an exclusive in-house publication solely focused on bringing the electric cooperative, broadband, and manufacturing communities together with relevant information about products and issues impacting the market.
The Scoop Vol. 2 – An Exclusive Publication for Electric Cooperatives
Included in this issue:
- Rural Electric Cooperatives are at the Heart of Community Broadband in Rural America – Juniper Networks
- Proactive Grid Monitoring: Leveraging Fiber Optic Technology to Recover Costs and Future-proof Your Infrastructure – Adtran
- Empowering Utilities with Better Communications – ADVA
- Broadband for Everyone: Key Considerations for Buildout – Commscope
- IPv6 – Are We There Yet? How to Navigate the On-going Transition from IPv4 – A10 Networks
- Residential Broadband for Utilities – Ciena
- The Power of Fiber – How Investments in Fiber Promote Economic Growth for Local Communities – Corning Optical Communications
- Build a Resilient Broadband Business from Day One – Fujitsu
- The Future of PON – Nokia
Contractor Chronicles – An Exclusive Publication for Network Contractors
Included in this issue:
- 5 Project Details to Know Before You Start Installing Cable
- The Transformational Journey to a Modular FTTH Connectivity Ecosystem
- Rural Broadband Services Delivery
- Top Tips: Investing in Fusion Splicing
- Active Fusion Control and Other Automatic Low-loss Enabling Features of the 90S+ Fusion Splicer
- The Perils of Using a Broadband Power Meter in a Multi-service PON World
- Leveraging the IoT for Damage Protection
- 5 Components for Fast and Accurate Locates
The Scoop Vol. 1 – An Exclusive Publication for Electric Cooperatives
Included in this issue:
- The Fiber Optic Dilemma
- Middle Mile and Grid Optimization Options
- Maximizing Your Network ROI
Read Our Most Recent Articles:
Quick Fact: Fiber Optic technology is one of the “greenest” out there. It takes a lot more energy to send a sustained electric signal than it does a single flash of light. In this day and age where consumption has to be kept to a minimum, lower energy output and consumption means a smaller carbon footprint on the environment.
- The Evolution of PON Technology – It Never Stops!
- What is Water Peak in Fiber Optic Cable?
- Your Greatest Marketing Advantage: Control the #1 Amenity Everyone Requires: High-Speed Internet
- WDM vs. DWDM: Which Should You Use and When?
- Active vs. Passive CWDM and DWDM Systems – What’s the Difference?
- Multicom Fiber Optic Tools & Test Equipment Matrix
- Fiber Optic Testing Resources
- How to “PULL” Fiber Optic Cable Correctly
- Coarse Wave vs. Dense Wave Division Multiplexing – What’s the Difference?
- SFPs: B+ and C+ – What’s the Difference?
- FRP vs. Steel Strength Members in Fiber Optic Drop Cable
- Don’t Fear the DEAD ZONE – Use an OTDR Launch Box!
- Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cables
- Singlemode vs. Multi-Mode SFPs
Quick Fact: Because fiber optic cable transmits light, not electricity, they don’t degrade over time like wire cables. They’re not affected by water, wind, ice, or extreme heat! Though they’re not immune to damage, they can take a lot more abuse than wire cables. In the long run, this means less cost for both you and the consumer.
CATV & Satellite
- Product Comparison: Select Multicom Video Encoders & Modulators
- ATSC vs. NTSC vs. QAM vs. DVB-T vs. ISDB-Tb – Understanding TV Signals
- LNBs: What They Do, and How They Work – and, What’s the Difference Between an LNB and an LNBF?
- Copper vs. Fiber – Which to Choose?
- 4K Ultra HD vs. 1080p Full HD
- MoCA – What is MoCA Technology?
Audio / Video
- Welcome to the IoT (the Internet of Things)
- Quality Makes a Difference – Precision Multicom Products vs. ‘Other’ Products
- GPS Repeaters for Fire Stations – From satellite to GPS receiver on the rescue vehicle: Zero delay
Click on the heading to expand the category:
– and, What’s the Difference Between an LNB and a LNBF?
4K Ultra HD vs. 1080p Full HD
MoCA – What is MoCA Technology?
HDTV over COAX
MFH-2 Technical features, Block Diagrams, and Distribution
Audio Video Cable Guide
Digital Block Diagrams
Frequency Allocation Chart
Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber Optic Patch Cables
Talking the Talk of Fiber Optics
Singlemode vs. Multimode SFP
What’s in a Name: Understanding Fiber Optic Patch and Splice Enclosures
White Paper: New Developments in FTTH
Fiber Optic Technical Resource Guide
Fiber Optic Connectors
Singlemode vs. Multimode Fiber
Fiber Optic Glossary
FBT vs. PLC Fiber Optic Splitters – What’s The Difference?
Did You Know?
Hedy Lamarr was a Hollywood movie star known for her exotic good looks – and an inventor
GO GREEN! Fiber Optics is good for the environment
Both Detroit and Cleveland claim to be the home of the first traffic light
Did you know about fiber optic cladding?
Did You Know that LEDs run brighter and more efficiently the colder it gets?
Did You Know that different types of fiber optic cable are used for different distances?
Did you know that the best fiber optic connector to use when transmitting video over fiber is the SC/APC connector
Do you know the difference between PE-39 and PE-84?
The Jacket Makes the Difference!
IMSA stands for International Municipal Signal Association and was started in 1896
There’s a big difference between different types of indoor splitters
Are your fingers sore after installing “F” connectors on coax all day?
Sometimes ‘F’ connectors do not fit properly on coax cable – why?
The first cable TV systems were Community Antenna TV systems
By the way, do you know what ESPN stands for?
Since we’re on acronyms, do you know what DOCSIS stands for?