THE PROBLEM: When parked inside a fire station, receivers for location-based services can’t receive a GPS signal due to the blocking effect of the building structure
THE SOLUTION: Turnkey Satellite GPS Repeater System
A GPS Repeater System from Multicom Installed in a Fire Station Ensures:
- All rescue vehicles receive a “live” GPS satellite signal, whether inside the fire station or en-route
- Satellite navigation equipment in all rescue vehicles are “locked on” to the GPS satellites at all times when indoors
- When GPS equipped vehicles leave the station they already have GPS lock and will transmit accurate location data to the fire station
- There is zero satellite-acquisition delay when exiting the fire station
- No need to reboot the on-board system while en-route to an incident
- Used in fire stations throughout the United States
HOW IT WORKS: Repeat GPS Signals from Outdoor to Indoor
GPS Repeaters are devices that are used to transmit signals to places where they cannot reach.
Repeaters operate by receiving satellite signals with an antenna located outside of a building, and re-transmitting the signals to the indoor area or covered space, resulting in consistent and uninterrupted access to signals in signal-blocked areas.
Intrigued? Call Mike, our GPS System Specialist, at 800-423-2594