THE PROBLEM: When parked inside a fire station, receivers for location-based services can’t receive a GPS signal due to the blocking effect of the building structure
THE SOLUTION: Turnkey Satellite GPS Repeater System
A GPS Repeater System from Multicom Installed in a Fire Station Ensures:
- All rescue vehicles receive a “live” GPS satellite signal, whether inside the fire station or en-route
- Satellite navigation equipment in all rescue vehicles are “locked on” to the GPS satellites at all times when indoors
- When GPS equipped vehicles leave the station they already have GPS lock and will transmit accurate location data to the fire station
- There is zero satellite-acquisition delay when exiting the fire station
- No need to reboot the on-board system while en-route to an incident
- Used in fire stations throughout the United States
HOW IT WORKS: Repeat GPS Signals from Outdoor to Indoor
GPS Repeaters are devices that are used to transmit signals to places where they cannot reach.
Repeaters operate by receiving satellite signals with an antenna located outside of a building, and re-transmitting the signals to the indoor area or covered space, resulting in consistent and uninterrupted access to signals in signal-blocked areas.
COAXIAL GPS/GNSS REPEATER
- SUPPORT FOR GPS L1/L2/L5, GLONASS G1/G2/G3, BEIDOU B1/B2, GALILEO E1/E5A+B
- 5/12V SWITCHABLE LNA VOLTAGE
- ADJUSTABLE GAIN DC POWERED
- DUAL TRANSMIT ZONE
- SUPPLIED WITH 100-220 AC TO DC POWER ADAPTER
- SMA FEMALE RF CONNECTOR
Foxcom’s GNSS repeater solution is the ideal solution for re-transmitting GNSS signals indoors.
The repeater system provides seamless coverage inside a hangar or a large facility enabling the testing of aircraft navigational systems.
The repeater is available with different kit configurations, including indoor / outdoor antenna and cabling.
The Foxcom system, which uses top RF-Noise performance and a unique indoor directional RHCP antenna, consumes less power and delivers less distortion, thus providing better coverage than competitive systems.
The system supports single or dual transmission zones enabling indoor coverage of up to 1500m².
- Fire & Police Stations
- Aircraft hangars
- Border surveillance
- Data centers
- Fleet management
- Military bunkers
This product is only available to qualified parties, which include the following: International Customers (outside the U.S.), agencies of the US Federal Government, parties operating under the direction of the US Federal Government, parties that have received an STA or Experimental License under part 5 of the FCC rules, or parties that will be operating GPS Repeaters in an anechoic chamber.
See all of the Foxcom Iridium & GPS Repeaters