Orlando, FL – June 2016 Multicom is proud to announce a powerful addition to its feature-rich, value-priced fiber optic product line – the new, automated Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer, the MUL-FSPLICE-100. The MUL-FSPLICE-100 is ideally suited for use in installing and maintaining RFoG, GPON, and FTTx and many other fiber optic-based data, video, and voice networks. The MUL-FSPLICE-100 also provides a powerful, cost effective, industry-leading solution for installing long haul transmission, hub interconnects, 1310/1550nm overlays, and many other fiber optic cable applications.
- QUALITY: Fully automated, state-of-the-art, quality assessment and PAS core-to-core fiber Profile Alignment System
- SPEED: Only 8 to 10 seconds for fusion cycle
- PRICE: A fraction of the cost of the directly comparable competitor’s units – Fujikura, Sumitomo, and many others
- Automatic assessment and alerting of fiber cleaved face quality
- Full-Auto, semi-auto, and manual quality assessment and fusion operating modes
- Automatic analysis and estimation of splice loss
- Automatic detection of bad/faulty splices
- Automatic detailed data report record and memory storage for each splice (up to 2000 records)
- Automated splice tension test
- High quality electrodes with up to 5000 splicing cycles
- Handy, easy-to-carry, with rugged shock-resistant design
- Color LCD and Graphical interface
- English or Spanish language, user-selectable
- Easily user-replaceable electrodes design (and a set of spares is included)
- A wide range of fusion and heating parameter defaults and options
- Temperature, humidity, and air pressure sensors are built in for Arc calibration
- Built-in heat shrink heater: easy to use, quick, customizable parameters
- Data reports can be downloaded to PC and system upgrades can be uploaded via USB cable
“The new small, rugged, fully-automated Multicom Fusion Splicer expands our line-up of fiber optic equipment Multicom provides for the FTTx industry. Multicom provides innovation, value, and quality – at unbeatable prices.,” said Raymond Shedden, Multicom’s Director of Marketing and Sales.
Established in 1982 and headquartered in Orlando, FL, Multicom maintains sales offices, rep agencies and sub-distributors throughout North and Latin America. Multicom stocks over 16,000 products from more than 270 of the world’s major manufacturers which are used to acquire, process, and distribute audio, video, data, energy, and traffic control signals over fiber optic, copper, and coax cable. Its affiliate company, Mconnect, Inc. provides Next Level VoIP residential and business telephone services through resellers and cable operators.