Orlando, FL – August 2012 Multicom has inked a large agreement with one of North America’s largest upscale luxury hospitality brands for their leading edge GPON Solution.
GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network) is the latest technology that enables the guest to receive High Definition video, high speed internet and voice service.
Discerning hotels are installing ‘all fiber optic’ GPON networks to each room replacing costly, unreliable and bandwidth-limited networks. By upgrading to high reliability, high speed (2.5Gig), and high bandwidth – the Multicom solution will satisfy the guest’s bandwidth-hungry needs for laptops, smartphones, tablets, HDTV, and voice.
“Multicom is proud to provide state-of-the-art GPON innovation, value, and quality – at cost effective prices,” said Raymond Shedden, Multicom’s Director of Sales and Marketing.
As a premier provider of design services, custom manufacturing, and a full-line stocking distributor for the FTTH, CATV, and traffic signal industries, Multicom is continuing the expansion of its broad line of reliable, feature rich and value-priced fiber optic, GPON, CATV, and datacom products to meet the demanding requirements of data, video, and voice networks, both domestically and internationally.
Established in 1982 and headquartered in Orlando, FL, Multicom maintains sales offices, rep agencies and sub-distributors throughout North America and Latin America. Multicom stocks over 13,000 products from more than 270 of the world’s major manufacturers which are used to acquire, process, and distribute audio, video, data, energy, and traffic control signals over fiber optic, copper, and coax cable. Its affiliate company, Mconnect, Inc. provides Next Level VoIP residential and business telephone services through resellers and cable operators.
For more information, call 1-800-423-2594, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.multicominc.com or www.mprohd.com
- This state-of-the-art luxury hotel brand is installing fiber optic Video-Voice-Data networks to each guest’s room:
Multicom’s In-Room ONT
- Can provide IPTV, RF video, WiFi, voice, data all from the same compact unit
- Controls the in-room ONTs via an easy-to-use graphical interface
- About ½ the cost of the competition
- Provides huge bandwidth for video, data, and voice – all in a compact unit
- Affordably scalable from small hotels up to large resorts
Multicom’s GPON Solution
- Future-proof: Huge bandwidth fiber provides video, voice, data capabilities all on one fiber. Everything the hospitality venue needs on one easy-to-use network, supporting a variety of standards, no matter what the data and traffic needs are for the present and into the future.
- Reliable: Eliminates the constant headaches of legacy systems – immunity to corrosion, RFI, ground loops, lightning
- State-of-the-art AND an Open System!
- Interworks with many closed system OLTs and all open system OLTs
The agreement provides leading edge GPON equipment: The 9016 OLT which has been deployed globally with millions of subscribers and the innovative 8255 in-room ONT with RF Video Overlay on fiber. The agreement also includes the feature-rich, value-priced Multicom brand fiber optic product line including 1550nm optical transmitters, 1550nm EDFAs, and a variety of passives, splitters, interconnect patch panels, and Corning fiber optic cable.