The Multicom OTC HFC Return Path Receiver (RPR) Module is a low cost high performance receiver for HFC networks. It offers wide spectral bandwidth, broadband RF performance, and adjustable RF levels allowing it to be adapted to most HFC networks in service today.
The Multicom OTC HFC Return Path Receiver Module houses 2 independently managed optical receivers in a single slot wide case allowing a single Multicom OTC chassis to support 28 HFC return paths in a small 4RU head-end equipment space.
This hot-swappable module features front panel diagnostics and supports SNMP for remote configuration and monitoring, making it the right choice for deployment wherever high reliability and high availability return path data is a requirement.
- Wide spectral bandwidth to support 1310nm, 1550nm, & 1610nm return paths
- High density chassis design with 2 HFC RPRs per module for up to 28 RPRs in a 4RU shelf
- Wide RF bandwidth to allow future DOCSIS channel bonding up to 200MHz
- Remote management using SNMP allows easy integration to standard management systems
- Low power consumption of 16 Watts maximum per module for low cost ongoing operations
- Status indicators, RF monitor and hot-swappable design for easy diagnostics & maintenance
- Multicom’s OTC Transport system allows flexible deployments and consistent operations