The Multicom OTC Return Path Receiver (RPR) Module is specifically designed to support the low power burst-mode return path transmission operations dictated by the SCTE based RFoG networks.
The OTC RPR Module houses 2 highly sensitive managed optical receivers allowing a single 4RU Multicom Optical Transport Chassis (OTC) to support 28 RFoG network links, minimizing precious headend equipment space.
The OTC RPR Modules are very sensitive, low-noise devices that provide a wide dynamic range and unrivaled NPR performance allowing the reception of a burst mode optical input as low as -27dBm without compromising RF output quality.
When combined with Multicom’s NanoNode/RFoG ONU and EDFA, a robust RFoG network with 64 splits can be deployed allowing the optimization of your fiber investment without resorting to remote hubs or field electronics. With a wavelength width from 1100nm to 1620nm and input sensitivity from -12dBm to -27dBm, the Multicom OTC RPR Module can easily support both HFC and RFoG return path applications.
- Low Noise, high performance for the highest return path capacity and reliability
- High density chassis design with 2 RPRs per module for up to 28 RPRs in a 4RU OTC shelf
- Remote management using SNMP allows easy integration to standard management systems
- High sensitivity and wide dynamic range for easy deployment of RFoG networks and ONUs
- 0 to 30dB attenuation (software controlled) in 0.2dB steps for optimal performance tuning
- Low power consumption. 14 Watts per module for low cost ongoing operations
- Status indicators, RF monitor and hot-swappable design for easy diagnostics & maintenance
- Combined with a Multicom Optical Transport Chassis allows flexible deployments and consistent operations
- A perfect match for RFoG applications using Multicom’s High-power EDFAs with internal WDMs